Road dust from unpaved roads is a major air quality concern in many tribal communities. Dust (also called Particulate Matter (PM)) has negative impacts on health, road safety and quality of life. This webinar is the third in a series of four webinars to help tribal environmental and transportation staff managing road dust, resulting in improved air quality.
Presenters from Seldovia Village Tribe, Gila River Indian Community, and Ugashik Traditional Village will share experiences with dust management planning and projects. These community experiences will provide information to help tribal environmental and transportation staff create community partnerships to:
1) assess current roads,
2) develop community education messages leading to behavioral changes,
3) develop plans to improve road design,
4) consider appropriate use of dust suppressants,
5) continue with air quality assessments,
6) create a dust management plan,
7) identify potential funding sources and,
8) work with multiple levels in the community to collaborate on road dust management.
Webinars #1 and #2 are available at
1) Webinar #1 - Introduction to Managing Road Dust
2) Webinar #2 - Introduction to Dust Suppressants
3) Webinar #3 - Sharing Community Experiences
4) Webinar #4 - Sharing Community Experiences
Webinar #3 will focus on Sharing Community Experiences
While the technical information from this webinar series will apply to any unpaved road, the focus of these webinars will be on Alaska communities.
Questions: [email protected]