Thank you for attending the webinar! Please take a few minutes to provide feedback. Feedback will be used to improve future ITEP webinars.
This webinar series will provide tribal professionals basic information on meteorology and meteorological monitoring guidance for in-situ primary meteorological monitoring variables (wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, precipitation, pressure, and solar radiation). The webinars will provide general information on the sensors used for in-situ measurements: measurement quality objectives, verification/calibration and accuracy criteria, as well as guidance on siting and exposure of meteorological towers.
• Introduction to meteorology
• Interpreting wind rose from met data
• Meteorological tower siting criteria and installation
• Verification/calibration of meteorological sensors
• Maintenance of meteorological sensors, towers, and supporting equipment
• Identifying appropriate uses of meteorological data
Michael King, Tribal Air Monitoring Support Center
Daniel Berc, National Weather Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration